Ways to Give
- Mail checks payable to Unity Medical Center Foundation to 164 West 13th St, Grafton, ND 58237. Please include your name/address along with the name of the memorial and the name/address of the family to receive the acknowledgement of your gift (if applicable). Contribution envelopes are available at the hospital, but are not required to make a gift.
- Pay with credit card by phone. Call the Unity Medical Center Foundation at (701) 379-3003.
- Pay with credit card online. UMCF uses Blackbaud Merchant Services for secure online giving.
Every gift is appreciated no matter the type or size. Gifts are tax deductible, and 100 percent of your gift goes to support programs and services at Unity Medical Center (credit card processing fees may apply online).
Gifts to the Unity Medical Center Foundation help support:
- Patient care, including medical equipment
- Medical providers and staff, including recruitment/retention, continuing education and professional development
- Programs, including nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation, substance abuse, diabetes prevention and mental health
- Facilities, particularly our new $20 million, 36,000-square-foot hospital addition
Memorial gifts can be made in honor or in memory of a family member or friend, and are printed in our quarterly newsletter.
The Unity Medical Center Foundation has three quasi-endowments specific to patients, providers/staff and programs. Donors may indicate one or more of those priorities on gift envelopes or check memo lines. Endowments pay out annually in perpetuity (forever). These endowments were created at the end of calendar year 2020 and began paying out in 2022.
UMCF endowment donors may take advantage of the North Dakota State Tax Credit:
- Businesses (C corporations, S corporations, estates, limited liability companies, trusts and financial institutions) that pay state income tax may receive a 40 percent credit up to a maximum credit of $10,000 for contributions to a qualified North Dakota endowment. This state law became effective for taxable years starting in 2007, and 2011 for financial institutions.
- Individuals may receive a state tax credit for a contribution of $5,000 or more (lump sum or aggregate in one year) to a qualified North Dakota endowment. The tax credit is 40 percent of the charitable deduction allowed by the IRS up to a maximum credit of $10,000 per year per taxpayer or $20,000 per year per couple filing jointly. This state law became effective for taxable years starting in 2011.
See ND Century Code 57-38-01.21 and discuss with your personal financial advisor.
Individuals may receive a state tax credit for a planned gift (e.g., charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, life insurance policies, etc.) to a qualified North Dakota charitable nonprofit, such as the Unity Medical Center Foundation. The tax credit is 40 percent of the charitable deduction allowed by the IRS up to a maximum credit of $10,000 per year per taxpayer or $20,000 per year per couple filing jointly. Please consult your personal financial advisor for more information. To ensure an accurate beneficiary designation, please contact Unity Medical Center Foundation Executive Director Jessica Sobolik.
UMCF's tax ID number: 36-3522304