Do you experience any of the following?
- Pain in the low back, hip, buttock, pelvis or tailbone
- Difficulty sitting
- Urinary incontinence, urgency or frequency
- Painful intercourse or other sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic pain, low back pain or weakness from pregnancy/childbirth
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful bladder syndrome
- Constipation or pain with bowel movements
- Organ prolapse of the bladder, uterus, small intestine or rectum
- Abdominal Separations: Diastasis Rectus or Pubis Diastasi
If so, you may need to see a physical therapist for your pelvic health!
Your pelvic floor is a component of your core musculature and its healthy function is important to your overall movement and daily life. As movement specialists, physical therapists are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal disorders, including the pelvic floor. At Unity Medical Center, we treat the whole person and know that dealing with pelvic floor dysfunction can affect many aspects of our life. Our therapists have been specially trained to examine and treat each diagnosis and address your problem and its source.